National Science Day 2023 is being hosted at St. Joseph Engineering College
Mangaluru: SJEC AICTE IDEA LAB in collaboration with department of Mechanical Engineering, St Joseph Engineering College (An Autonoums Institution), Vamanjoor Mangaluru is hosting National Science Day 2023 for the school students of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi districts on Tuesday 28 February 2023 in SJEC, Vamanjoor Mangaluru from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by the Indian Physicist Sir C. V. Raman in 1928, which led to his Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930.
For the day, number of events are scheduled, including a project exhibition, quiz, visit to the SJEC AICTE IDEA Lab and other state of the art facilities on the campus, talks by illustrious individuals etc. The event is aimed at promoting scientific temper and creating awareness about the importance of science and technology among school students.
The details of the event are as follows:
- The National Science Day celebrations at SJEC is exclusively for 6-10th standard students of various schools of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi District.
- The day long celebrations include inspirational speeches by renowned personalities, visits to SJEC students Associations and Clubs, Quiz and Project Exhibition/Competition for School students.
- Students will get an opportunity to visit SJEC AICTE IDEA Lab to observe the operation of Advanced Fabrication facilities. Students will also visit the other state of the art facilities in the campus.
- There is no registration fee for the event.
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided at the venue.
- A Maximum of 10 students per school can participate in this Event.
- School students should to be accompanied by a teacher.
- Every school should register their participation using the registration form available at: https://bit.ly/NSD-SJEC
- Spot registrations are not allowed.
- Quiz competition: Out of the 10 students a team of two will be participating in quiz competition.
- Project competition: The students are required to demonstrate their projects on the day of the event. Maximum projects per school is 2 with Maximum 4 members in a team.
- All students need to report at the venue by 9 am.
For more information/queries kindly contact:
- Dr Rolvin D’silva @ 9945424201
- Ms Smitha D’souza @ 8147763956