Canara Communication Centre Hosts Transformative AI Workshop for Educators and Religious Leaders
MANGALORE, DEC 29: Canara Communication Centre (CCC), renowned for its excellence in media education and training, recently launched an enlightening workshop on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for educators and religious leaders. The workshop, titled “AI Empowerment for Educators and Religious Leaders: Unleashing Productivity and Expertise” was held on December 29, 2023, at CCC in CODP premises, Mangalore.
The event was graced by prominent resource persons:
Mr Leo Victor Zalki, an AI Evolution Mentor and Director of Oxidane Technologies Pvt. Ltd., brought a wealth of expertise and experience to the workshop, guiding participants through the evolving landscape of AI technology.
Rev. Fr Anil Ivan Fernandes, Director of Canara Communication Centre, shared his tech-savvy approach and profound insights, enriching the discussions with his understanding of technology and education.
During the workshop, both the resource persons emphasized AI’s transformative role for educators and religious leaders, covering conversational ChatGPT with useful prompts in content creation, Canva as a design tool integrated with AI, training on Text-to-Image generating AI tools, and AI-powered applications in creating quick PowerPoint presentations and book writing. Additionally, they focused on ethical AI integration for enhanced productivity and responsible implementation in educational and religious contexts.
The workshop received enthusiastic appreciation from participants across various roles:
– Geetha Priya, an educator, conveyed appreciation, stating, “Your mentorship is exceptional. I deeply value your guidance and aim to utilize the knowledge you’ve shared to its fullest.”
– Manisha Coelho AC, a nun, remarked, “I received a wealth of knowledge regarding different tools I was unaware of. For my part, I promise to make good use of this knowledge and share it with my companions in college.”
– Vinson Mascarenhas, a student, enthused, “It was so informative and engaging. Learning about AI and its potential was mind-blowing. I learned a lot, and it left me feeling inspired.”
– Maina Melaniya Dsouza, a lecturer from St. Aloysius College Mangalore, commended, “It was a very informative and well-organized workshop. Thank you for equipping us with new skills. I look forward to having more workshops like this.”
– Fr Joachim Fernandes, Director of Small Christian Communities, described it as “An eye-opener to the mesmerizing world of AI.”
– Fr Ashwin Cardoza, the Youth Director of ICYM Mangalore, expressed, “This was a unique and impressive workshop attended over many others. The touch of AI was a great benefit, offering a bundle package of knowledge, skills, and tools.”
The workshop was attended by focussed 20 focused participants. All were awarded a Certificate of Participation.
Fr Anil Fernandes mentioned that Canara Communication Centre plans to organize similar workshops in the future to empower not only teachers and priests but also youth and children.