St Agnes College (Autonomous), Mangaluru, hosts Motivational Lecture to Embrace Change, Learn, and Overcome Challenges
Mangaluru: On July 14, 2023, St Agnes College (Autonomous), Mangaluru, organized a captivating and motivational lecture on “Motivation: Life Experiences and Overcoming Challenges,” given by an esteemed academician and former army personnel, Dr. R. Nagesh.” The event took place at the prestigious Mother Mary Aloysia Centenary Memorial Block, captivating an audience eager to gain insights and inspiration from Dr. Nagesh’s vast expertise.
Dr. Nagesh’s thought-provoking lecture covered a range of essential topics, resonating with attendees from various walks of life. The key highlights of the lecture were as follows:
- Adaptation and Habit: Dr. Nagesh emphasized the significance of adapting to different situations and cultivating positive habits that contribute to personal growth and success.
- Consequences and Consciousness: Attendees were reminded to be mindful of their actions and always consider the potential consequences. Dr. Nagesh stressed the importance of making informed choices and taking responsibility for the outcomes.
- Lifelong Learning: Debunking the notion of age as a barrier, Dr. Nagesh shared inspiring stories of individuals who achieved their goals through hard work and continuous learning, instilling a sense of motivation in the audience.
- Assertiveness and Saying “NO”: Dr. Nagesh encouraged participants to develop the strength to say “no” when necessary, staying true to themselves and avoiding insecure people-pleasing tendencies.
- Personal Experience and KARGIL: Drawing from his own experiences in the army, Dr. Nagesh shared gripping stories from the KARGIL war, offering profound insights into bravery, resilience, and the ability to overcome challenges.
- Mastering Hindi: Dr. Nagesh concluded his lecture by sharing his personal journey of mastering the Hindi language, underscoring the importance of perseverance and dedication in acquiring new skills.
Dr Suraj Francis Noronha, Dean- MBA, welcomed the gathering and introduced the guests. Mr Shamith, I MBA student, proposed the vote of thanks.
The lecture left the audience inspired and motivated, igniting a renewed sense of determination to face challenges head-on and strive for personal and professional growth. The success of the event would not have been possible without the support and participation of the attendees.