“Bhandavya” holds Annual General Body Meeting
Mangaluru: The Annual General Body meeting of “Bhandavya” a network of likeminded NGO’s of South Canara was arranged on 27.08.2021 at CODP Nanthoor Padavu Mangalore. It was organized under the Presidentship of Rt. Rev. Dr Peter Paul Saldanha the Bishop of Diocese of Mangalore.
The name Bhandavya is an umbrella name for the networking of 17 NGOs that got birth on 22nd September 2005. The dream of Bhandavya is to create peace, harmony equality and a sustainable society. It works to reach to the vulnerable, HIV, Cancer patients and to the differently challenged. The mission of “Bandhavya” is to create a casteless society, organize domestic workers and the preservation of traditions and the heritage.
The meeting was presided over by the Bishop. 13 members were present. In his presidential address the Bishop said; Bhandavya has successfully reached the poor in providing food, clothing, shelter and education. The Secretary CODP Rev. Fr Vincent D Souza welcomed and compeered the meet. Chairperson of the Board Fr Siby, Vice chairperson Dr Jacinta were present. The consolidated report on the activities of the federation of NGOs are the following for the year 2020-21:
• Total Self Help Groups (SHGs) 1,104, members 12,917.
• Internal savings 8,88,30,860.00
• Internal loan 20,41,09,850.00
• 90,212 members received COVID food kits worth 20,66,199.
• 1,475 children received counseling, out patients treated 43,888 and inpatient 10,328
• 128 housing beneficiaries
• 2,970 Herbal plants distribution
• 2,17,87,333 worth government aid received from 70 schemes.