605kW Rooftop Solar Power Plant installed at SAC Campus
Mangaluru: St Aloysius Institutions mark a milestone achievement with the inauguration of 605kW Rooftop Solar Power Plant across its 4 campuses.
The blessing and inauguration of the 605kW Rooftop Solar Power Plant project at St Aloysius Institutions, Mangaluru, was held on 24th September 2021 at L.F. Rasquinha Hall of the College. Mr Sudesh Martis, Additional Chief Electrical Inspector, Department of Electrical Inspectorate, Govt of Karnataka was the Chief Guest. Rev. Fr Melwin J Pinto, SJ, Rector of St Aloysius Institutions presided over the programme. Mr Robin Rajesh from Isha Solar Energies was the Guest of Honour. Rev. Dr Praveen Martis, SJ, Principal, Dr Alwyn D’Sa, Registrar of the College, Mr Steevan Pinto, President, SACAA, Dr Vivek K, Technical Head of the project and Mr Rajan Menon were on the dais.
Dr Tom George, Associate Consultant for the project, briefed about the project by a powerpoint presentation.
This is the biggest educational solar power plant project at Mangalore by ISHASOL Energies installed across 4 campuses of at St Aloysius Institutions, Mangaluru. The entire plant has been built in accordance with applicable safety, occupational health and environment regulations.
ISHASOL Energies is a fully forward-integrated and comprehensive EPC solutions provider. It deploys world-class technology to design, install and commission benchmark solar projects countrywide.
- A total of 1300 highly efficient Mono perc silicon modulesare used
- The 605 kW solar plant is spread across 2600 sq meters of rooftop area using PV modules effectively reducing heat penetration through metal sheets.
- SolarEdge inverter plus power optimizers which boast a maximum efficiency of 99.5 percent have been used. They are more efficient than normal string inverters because they avoid loss of power caused by individual panel shading or malfunctioning.
- Besides being part of a green energy revolution in the country, this project is expected to bring immense monetary savings for the institutions by a net metering arrangement with MESCOM.
- The entire plant has a SCADA enabled Remote Monitoring Facility for monitoring all the solar panels’ operational data. Photovoltaic monitoring systems are software-driven devices which provide real-time and historical data, performance-based alerts and web-based (or cellular) monitoring.
ISHASOL’s qualified and trained Operations and Maintenance team shall provide all necessary Operations and Maintenance of onsite testing of instruments and equipment.The entire plant has been built in accordance with applicable safety, occupational health and environment regulations. Robin Rajesh leads the team at ISHASOL Energies as it “Operations Head”.
Ms Shilpa M DSouza, PRO of SAC compered the programme. Rev. Dr Praveen Martis, SJ, welcomed the gathering. Dr Alwyn D’Sa proposed the vote of thanks.
3 year Degree Course in Renewable Energy Management
In continuation with this ‘Green Act’ of commissioning large solar power plants, St Aloysius College (Autonomous) is offering a 3 year Degree Course in ‘Renewable Energy Management’ from the academic year 2021-22. Bachelor of Vocational Studies (B.Voc.) which is equivalent to B.A./B.Sc. degree for higher studies and employment; and also has a higher content of HoT (hands on training) and OJT (on the job training) content.
This course will be the first of its kind in the region with all practical aspects. Students from any stream of plus two are eligible to take up this degree course.The college, being one among the only three ‘Kaushal Kendras’ in the country, is aiming to become the nerve centre of education, placement and R&D in the field of renewable energy and management.
The need for trained hands in the field of renewable energy will be very high. As per market sources an overwhelming 20 lakh jobs in this field will be created in the near future in India. Admissions are now open for Renewable Energy Management degree at St Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangaluru.