Mangaluru: National Seminar “Sustainable Development Goals: The Indian Story” will be held at SAC
Mangaluru: St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangaluru in Association with Indian Social Institute, Bengaluru and Indian Social Institute, Delhi will be holding a National Seminar titled “Sustainable Development Goals: The Indian Story” on 13-14 February, 2020 at Eric Mathias Hall of St Aloysius College. The inaugural programme is scheduled between 10am to 11.30 am.
This national seminar is planned to bring together researchers providing collective space to discuss and look for diverse ways through high quality academic discourses, which might provide new impetus for better realization of SDGs and thus usher in changes to improve the quality of life of the poor.
- To develop deeper understanding of SDGs in India from the perspective of the poor and the marginalized
- To bring out experience-based and data-based analysis of progress and gaps in the realization of SDGs
- To critically examine the relevance of various policies and programmes of government at different levels associated with SDGs
- To analyze the impact of these policies and programmes on the marginalized communities
- To develop indicators for measuring reach and realization of SDGs and promote alternative thinking and strategies
Dr. K. Sankaran, the Director of NITTE, Justice K S Hegde Institute of Management, will be the Chief Guest and will deliver the Keynote Address. The programme will be presided over by Rev Fr Dionysius Vas, SJ, Rector, St Aloysius Institutions and Rev Dr Praveen Martis SJ, Principal will welcome the gathering. Rev. Dr. Joseph Xavier SJ, Director of Indian Social Institute, Bengaluru will familiarize the audience on the purpose and dynamics of the national seminar. Rev. Dr. Denzil Fernandes SJ, Executive Director of Indian Social Institute, Delhi will be present.
Papers will be presented by scholars from various parts of India. The seminar is organized into six sessions themed as follows:
Day 1 Session 1: Leaving no one behind – End Poverty and Hunger
Session 2: Promoting Good Health and Well-being
Session 3: Ensuring Quality Education
Day 2 Session 1: Access to Gender Equality and Justice
Session 2: Enhancing Decent Work and Reduced Inequalities
Session 3: Now or Never – Climate Action
Valedictory Progamme will be held on February 14, 2020 at 3.45 pm. The Valedictory Address will be delivered by the Chief Guest Dr. Rita Noronha, Director of Center for Development Studies and Education (CEDSE). Re. Fr. Vincent Pinto, Finance Officer from St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangaluru will preside over the valedictory.