Bishop Peter Paul Ordains Eight Deacons
Mangaluru: Most Rev Dr Peter Paul Saldanha Bishop of Mangalore diocese , conferred the sacred ordination to Diaconate to Eight candidates who are found eligible during their formation in the seminary , on 6 August 2020 at St Joseph Seminary , Jeppu, Mangalore, strictly adhering the rules of the Government authorities.
The names of Deacons are as follows:
- Dn Suraj Joseph Lobo, Uppinangaday Parish for Mangalore diocese
- Dn Ivan Ashwin D Souza Maril Parish, for Mangalore diocese
- Dn Jovin Vishwas Sequiera Nithyadharnagar Parish, for Mangalore diocese
- Dn Ronson Pinto , Cordel Parsih ,for Mangalore diocese
- Dn Kevin Lawrence D Souza Kirem Parish, for Mangalore diocese
- Dn Adarsh Pedru Rodrigues OCD ,Carmelite Order
- Dn Vishan Venu Monis OCD, Carmelite Order
- Dn Ashwath D Souza OCD, Carmelite Order
Bishop presided over the Eucharistic celebration and in his homily he explained the ministry and the relevance of a Deacon in the Church. They are called to be Servants or Helpers to the church with specific mission of preaching the Word of God and at Service of the church.
Very Rev Ronald Serrao the Rector of St Joseph Seminary, presented the candidates to Bishop, to be conferred to sacred order of Diaconate. Bishop in the presence of many priests, religious, laity and the relatives, ordained the brothers to the Order of Diaconate.
Bishop Emeritus Most Rev Dr Aloysius Paul D Souza, Msgr Maxim L Noronha Vicar General , Very Rev Pius D Souza OCD Provincial Karnataka – Goa Province, Fr Victor Vijay Lobo PRO and Procurator of the Diocese were present at the occasion.
Bishop felicitated Very Rev Pius D Souza, the new Provincial of OCD Karnataka – Goa Province.
Fr. Vijay Machado, Director DBCLC, compered the liturgical ceremony.
Bishop congratulated the newly ordained deacons.
The number of participants in the ceremony was restricted due to government regulations. Only close relatives of deacons were invited to be the part of the ceremony.
Photo by: Stanley Bantwal